Are you one of the many who only decorate and enjoy the dining room during holidays? Start a new tradition this pre-holiday season by putting together a gorgeous space you’ll want to use year-round. Click the video play button for an in-depth look at devising the perfect dining experience with our president and Interior Designer, Katherine Snedeker.
- The Table—Star of the Show. If your dining space leans towards rustic, choose a table with a smoother look. Pick a more textured, organic table if your space has a clean, slick look. Mixing these opposites plays up the wow factor like a spotlight.
- The Chairs—Stage Setters. Your dining chairs serve as the frame around the table. Their height and placement determine where the emphasis goes. Low-backed chairs emphasize the table. High-backed chairs place more focus on the chairs themselves.
- Sideboards & Hutches—Supporting Actors. Functionally, sideboards and hutches are pieces that lend support. They give you room for storage or a surface area for display. Whatever you need, make sure your supporting pieces provide it.
- Accessories—Ensemble. You may have the most beautiful dining room furniture, but it can’t stop there. Accessories make the room. They help you blend different colors, textures, and styles. High-energy, sparkling pieces also create visual interest while you’re eating dinner—which you want in a room designed for entertaining.
- Rugs—Character Players. Don’t be afraid of spilling on your dining room rug! Most rugs are cleanable if they’re made of 100% wool. Our rugs are high-lanolin content, which are fully cleanable and last over 100 years. Rugs bring warmth and character to a space that cannot be underplayed. They serve as the border of the room that defines the space.
Need a hand tying all the elements of your dining experience together? Don’t worry, we are here to help you make a spectacular room. Come see us at The Arrangement or make a private design consultation request, and let’s work together to make your perfect dining room.