The Arrangement is committed to the responsible use of forest resources, including the wood used in our furniture. The Arrangement therefore will work with our suppliers on an ongoing basis to eliminate wood from unacceptable sources and to progressively increase the amount of responsible wood – wood from certified and recycled/reclaimed sources – procured over time. The Arrangement recognizes the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) as an important tool to promote responsible forest management. We have a preference for sourcing FSC-certified wood furniture when it meets our requirements.
The Arrangement is also firmly committed to avoiding wood from unacceptable sources, including:
- Illegally harvested or traded timber
- Timber harvested in violation of traditional or civil rights
- Timber harvested from areas in which high conservation values are threatened by poor forest management
- Timber harvested from areas being converted from forests to plantations or non-forest use
- Timber from forests in which genetically modified trees are planted
Through this Policy, The Arrangement seeks to set a positive example for our peers and to do our part to protect the world’s forests.