This holiday season offers the long-overdue chance for you to fill your home with loved ones and share your bountiful blessings. Transform your guest room into a charming oasis to ensure a pleasant stay for your overnight visitors. Make it comfortable, tidy, and a little like home—and remember to add your own personal touches to keep it unique.
To accomplish this, our professional design team has rounded up their five favorite hints for furnishing happy house guests:
- Go for tranquility. Above all, your guest room should have a calming feel to it. That way, your guests will get a good night’s sleep and be ready for a full day of quality time. Try including a scented candle or flowers for some aroma, two extra pillows per person, or a basket of toiletries.
- Add more than just a bed. By including a desk, some chairs, and lighting, your company will feel like they can use the room for more than just sleeping. Even your closest family members could use a break from socializing for a few minutes. Make the room a place where they can retreat for alone time.
- Go with the flow. The guest room can be a fun place to experiment with your decor—but it shouldn’t feel out of place with the rest of your house. Play off your personal style in the guest room so it feels like a destination.
- Include extra linens. Stock the room with more than what your guests need—like towels, linens, or soap. It can be awkward to have to ask for more of anything. If your house guests know there are plenty of spares in their room, they won’t feel imposing.
- Sprinkle in the seasons. Accessorizing for the holidays is a sweet way to keep your guest room fresh and enticing throughout the year. Use themed throw pillows, a bowl of ornaments, or seasonal wreaths to celebrate all occasions.
One of the pleasures of having a beautiful home that reflects your personality is sharing it with your family and friends.