With the fall and winter festivities quickly approaching, October is the perfect time to arrange and beautify the most crucial room for gatherings: your dining room.
Ideally, your dining room should ignite curiosity, incite conversation, and emulate your personality. The challenge is pulling this off while ensuring your space is also well-designed and comfortable.
Our designers have pulled together five ingenious and fun ideas to usher in your celebrations with a one-of-a-kind dining room that serves and impresses:
- Keep it cozy. Create a private, intimate setting for your dinner companions by enclosing your dining room slightly. Use a stunning light fixture to draw people in, surround the space with plants and flowers, or pick out a rug to define the area.
- Spark the conversation. Provoke intrigue and dialogue with your dining room decor. You can accomplish this with bold artwork, unique wallpaper, or custom furniture.
- Make your table the focal point. Guests will be compelled to sit and converse with each other if the dining table draws them in. Arrange all other furnishings and accessories to complement this main focus.
- Find just the right light. Avoid dark shadows on your company’s faces by placing light sources at eye level. Keep your chandeliers about 28–34 inches off the table.
- Above all, be comfortable. When you choose your dining room seating, keep in mind that you and your guests will be sitting for long stretches of time, especially during the holidays. If your chairs are uncomfortable, people are going to get up and leave.
We’d love to help you host the perfect celebration with some show-stopping pieces exclusive to The Arrangement. Browse our dining room collections now and ring in the season by enjoying the company of friends and loved ones around the table.