Your home is beautiful, unique, and reflects your individual personality—at least for today. What if you could create a home that still looks stylish 20 years from now?
Having a timeless home doesn’t mean it never changes. On the contrary, a timeless home changes as you do and expresses your evolving style. Take our secrets for achieving an ageless look:
- Invest in the classics. When shopping for your big-ticket items, look for clean lines, neutral colors, and timeless styles. Update your space as often as you wish by painting the walls or changing the wallpaper for a whole new look—while your furniture remains perfect.
- Mix old with new. Combining features, finishes, and furniture creates a timeless space because your home isn’t one particular era or style. Try placing a rustic sofa under a modern art piece… and see how incredible it looks.
- Use fewer pieces. A timeless home consists of a combination of filled and open spaces. Leave yourself room to move, breathe, and change. Avoid cluttering surfaces and crowding pieces together.
- Use accessories that are in vogue. This is a great way to keep up without overcommitting. Table top lamps are fun and easy to switch out. We love the brilliant, ultramarine color of this one.
- Be inspired by trends. To achieve a timeless home, focus on what you really love, regardless of what’s popular in the moment. It’s your home, after all—surround yourself with pieces (and people) you love.
Does this feel like an impossible balancing act? We want to help! Our designers would love to bring your vision of a timeless space to life. Whether you’re decorating an entire house or just adding finishing touches, our design team is ready to work with you now. Make an appointment for your free design consultation to realize your dream home.